Saturday 2 June 2018

Day 1


MTV Tool used - I used to think... now I think... 


Iskanda 
I used to think that Suzhou is a place that is not crowded with vehicles as it is 2-3 hours away from Shanghai. 

Now I think that Suzhou is a well-developed area with a medium density of vehicles. It is also filled with interesting food and places with different history background like the Grand Canal where it stretches from Suzhou to Beijing. I also found out that we should not judge a book by its cover as the food we tasted greatly differs from what we imagine it to be. 


Tinghao 
I used to think that Suzhou is a urbanised and modernised city just like Singapore. The presence of multiple high-rise buildings somehow makes me feel that time flies very fast. 

Now, I think that I am quite wrong. Besides the high rise buildings, I also noticed a lot of charming traditional buildings and houses in Suzhou. This totally changed my perspective of Suzhou. There is a very strong sense of Chinese culture in everything. People don’t rush things and tend to slow down and enjoy their lives.


Junnie 
I used to think that Suzhou was just another ordinary city in China. 

Now I think that Suzhou is amazing. It has a very good scenery and people here are very nice and welcoming especially the guide. The food here in Suzhou is also very delicious, I especially enjoyed the chicken dish during dinner. It’s only the first day in Suzhou and I find it a lovely place to be in. Although we are not able to utilise most of our mobile phone apps here, I feel that this week is a good opportunity to put our phones aside and learn more about the culture of Suzhou.




No comments:

Post a Comment