Saturday 2 June 2018

Day 3


Zhi Lin
Connect 
The information I have learnt from Huan Li today has connected to what I have learnt about using vernier callipers to measure objects that are less than 10cm to get its exact measurement. The strict checks they do connects to when we have to check our exam or test papers before handing them in to ensure our answers are correct. 

Extend 
What I’ve learnt today has really expanded and deepened my knowledge of what Huan Li does to ensure the products they sell are of good quality and will last in the long run, from checking all the raw materials before they are used to make the water pumps to checking the pumps that they have made to ensure that there are no defects in the products before selling them. 

Challenge 
A challenge that has come up in my mind was what happens if they tested one water pump from a batch they were making and it wasn’t up to standard? Would they test other water pumps from the same batch? 



Victoria:
Connect
The information and ideas I have learnt today helped me connect the knowledge of using the vernier callipers in real life to check various dimensions of the pumps. 

Extend
It has also broadened my knowledge of the stringent quality checks that Huan Li conducts to ensure premium quality of their products. It has also expanded my understanding of how much pride is put in by their staff when manufacturing their products and how they must thoroughly check every single batch of pumps to ensure that there are no defects. 

Challenge
Through today’s learning experience, I also realised that the people doing the quality control must be very dedicated towards their job. A challenge that came up in my mind is how long does it take to check for a batch of pump and remaking the product if it is not up to standard.



Elizabeth: 
Connect
Looking back at all the D&T lessons I have attended, I realised that what we learn in the classroom is definitely less than 20% of the things actually used in real life. From today’s experience, the different equipment used for quality control really opened my eyes to a new perspective and I was indeed fascinated by how everything works. This new experience connects with my prior knowledge on the manufacturing process through showing me a wider range of tools and machinery. 

Extend
What I have learnt about today has definitely deepened the knowledge I already had and gave me a taste of how the real production actually works. Learning in a normal D&T workshop is good in certain aspects but learning in an actual production line can help give off a more realistic approach to what I am learning or what I already am aware of. 

Challenge 
One thing I might want to challenge myself to do is to share what I have learnt today to my fellow D&T classmates. I may not get everything right but I think it is still worth a shot.








No comments:

Post a Comment